Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fire!! Fire!! Fire!! Shhhhh!!

My cousin and I when we were young decided it would be fun to take a cigarette lighter to a field of dry grass. We would light the grass and then stomp it out. We had a great time doing that for a good while. See, playing with fire is not dangerous :)

Of the two of us, my cousin is the youngest. Who do you think lets the fire get away from them? You guessed it. Me! I lit some grass and let it burn a little bit and then started stomping it out but I couldn't get it to go out! It spread over the dry grass faster than either of us could stomp. We did the only thing we could... we ran!! We ran up to our grandparent's house worried so much we were crying. We never told anyone, just acted like we were playing together. When our parents and grandparents noticed the smoke, they came outside and wondered if anyone was watching the fire. My cousin and I just stayed quiet.

Luckily there were no structures, just the field of grass. That could have been much worse. My cousin and I could have been trapped in the middle of the fire unable to get out, our clothes could have caught on fire, and we could have started choking on the smoke and died right there. Let me just say... when your parents tell you not to play with fire.... don't do it! One more thing... if you see a fire raging out of control, let someone know! Don't be like us and not tell anyone :P

No comments:

Post a Comment