Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys

In Princeton, TX, my Mom liked to hang plants along the outer edge of the house. She kept the plants in plastic or ceramic pots. She had a green thumb and her plants flourished.

Mom had gone to the store on a nice summer day and Ricky, my brother, and I were playing outside with a basket ball. We were throwing it up on the house and trying to catch it before the other did. We played hard and were competitive at sports.

I threw the ball up on the house and it started rolling back down. Ricky jumped up to get the ball that had rolled near one of Mom's ceramic plant pots. When he came back down with ball in hand, his elbow connected with the ceramic pot, shattering the pot and cutting him bad. I believe our next door neighbor saw it happen or Ricky and I went next door for help. Our neighbor mended him while we waited for Mom to come home. Afterward Ricky was taken to the emergency room and got his elbow stitched up.

You know how they say watch for power lines when playing out doors. It might be a good idea to look for other dangers in your area of play as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment