Saturday, March 12, 2011

You Were Dropped On Your Head as a Baby Weren't You?

When my son, Preston was a baby, I took him to the pharmacy to pick up some medicine. He was snugly strapped into a baby carrier/child seat. I think he was about one year old. I walked up to the counter and rested the lip of the carrier on it while taking out the prescription I needed to hand to the person behind the counter. While I was doing that the carrier slid down the counter, the lip slid off, and down went Preston to the floor. I was lucky that he didn't actually hit the floor. The carrier hit the floor and he bounced inside the carrier but did not fall out thanks to the straps that held him in. He didn't even cry. I was mortified though. I think I might have just walked out without getting my medicine :)

When he was a little older, I would ask him to put on his seatbelt. He fought me for some reason on that. I was in the driveway and put the car in drive and moved forward slowly and then hit the brakes. He bounced forward and from that point on he always put on his seatbelt without giving me grief. Sometimes words just aren't enough to convey why you should do something your parents ask you to. I like to demonstrate why when I can :)

No kids were hurt in the making of this blog post. They might have been scarred mentally though.

No comments:

Post a Comment